Red Coconut Curry with Chickpeas




Hope you are having a great week! 

I made up my own Red Coconut Curry with Chickpeas recipe to use up some of the items I have had for a while in both my cupboard and refrigerator. It was on the milder side of curries I usually make but I enjoyed it just the same. This makes around 3 servings and since I cook for myself, I had leftovers for at least two more meals.

ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • ginger (freshly grated or powder)
  • 1 & 1/2 tbsp red curry paste (I use this one here)
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • 1 can of chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup of frozen peas
  • 1/2 cup of frozen corn 
  • 1/2 carrot strips
  • a stalk of celery cut in small pieces
  • handful of fresh spinach
optional spices to add:
  • 1-2 tsp curry powder
  • 1-2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1-2 tsp turmeric
directions:
  • heat olive oil in a pot on medium heat
  • mince garlic & grate ginger, then add to pot to fry off until fragrant (usually 1-2 minutes)
  • stir in red curry paste and any other spices (I used curry powder and nutmeg)
  • add in coconut milk and chickpeas, cook for 8-10 minutes
  • toss in any vegetables - I used peas, corn, carrots, & celery this time but I also like to add snow peas, bamboo shoots, thai mushrooms, etc.
  • add in your spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes
  • serve hot with white rice or noodles
PRO-TIP: If you like a lot of spice, add in more red curry paste. But be warned, it is very flavorful and a little goes a long way.

I also have made this recipe with shrimp and chicken before. I love how adaptable a curry can be to what ingredients you have on hand. 

Although this recipe is Thai-inspired, I also like Japanese and Indian curries. What is your favorite curry recipe? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crafts: Notebook & Mason Jars

Recipe | Watermelon Rice Krispies

Flower Love