Cruelty-Free Hygiene feat. Maple Holistics

Committing yourself to the cruelty-free lifestyle may seem a little daunting at first. I definitely felt a bit overwhelmed because I grew up using mainstream brands like L'Oréal, Dove, Maybelline, etc. and had gotten use to the easy access and cheap prices. Little did I know, there are so many wonderful, affordable brands out there that have inspiring missions dedicated to stopping animal testing and promoting natural ingredients, like Maple Holistics, Dr. Bronner's, and more. 



In my last post, I talked about cruelty-free beauty/makeup brands. Some of my favs include Kat von D, Alba Botanical, Josie Maran, and Pacifica. Today I am going to highlight some of my favorite CF brands for personal hygiene

SHOWER
Like I mentioned above, Maple Holistics is a brand that promotes all natural, organic, US made products, like their Natural Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. Tea Tree Oil has healing and restorative properties that aid in leaving your hair smooth and dandruff free. I have been using the shampoo for a little over a month every other day and I have felt my hair strengthen and grow fuller.  Ever since cutting my hair short for a TV role, I have been practically begging my hair to grow. With ingredients like Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, Lavender Oil, and Rosemary Oil, you can practically feel this shampoo enriching your scalp and hair! Maple Holistics ALSO offers free samples of their products on their website. Just fill out the form here



I also am a big fan of the brands Jāsön (love their Body Wash Revitalizing Citrus) and Dr. Bronner's (Pure Castile Bar Soap in Hemp Lavender)

TEETH
Your oral hygiene is so important... and so is realizing the impact our plastic toothbrushes are having on the environment. In the US alone, it is estimated that between 850 million and a billion toothbrushes, representing more than 50 million pounds of waste, are discarded and end up in landfills every single year. Those numbers are staggering and since knowing that, I haven't been able to go back to plastic toothbrushes. Instead, I use these bamboo ones from The Green Root. They are 100% biodegradable and are 100% zero waste since their packaging is recycled, paper-based, and compostable.



I also use cruelty-free toothpaste. My favorite is the Trader Joe's brand because it's cheap and works well. I have tried the Anti-cavity Peppermint one (which I prefer) and the Anti-plaque Fennel, Propolis, & Myrrh one. 

ESSENTIAL OILS
I use essential oils for many reasons. It helps calm my anxiety, center me, and just smells nice! I bought the Calily Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil Set a couple years ago and am still loving all the options, including Bergamot, Lavender, Patchouli, Rosemary, Peppermint, and more.



DEODORANT
In terms of deodorant, here's where I have struggled a bit to find a comparable cruelty-free alternative to the Dove Clinical Grade and Advanced Care I had always worn. As an Irish dancer and a very active New Yorker, I am not shy to admit that I sweat quite a lot. Always have, always will. So a strong deodorant is super important for me to feel clean and smelling fresh all day long. I tried Schmidt's Natural Bergamot & Lime Jar but I found it just did not do the job. Right now I am using an extra Secret deodorant my sister had and offered me when I was desperate while visiting home. It is almost finished so I definitely need to find a good CF one ASAP. Should I try the Tarte Clean Queen Vegan Deodorant or the Lavanila one? Let me know if anyone has had a positive experience with one of these!

I hope these reviews/suggestions help! I love talking about the cruelty-free lifestyle so if you have any questions, lay em on me.

Hope you've enjoyed xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crafts: Notebook & Mason Jars

Recipe | Watermelon Rice Krispies

Flower Love